JoLaCE - Journal of Language and Cultural Education
ISSN 1339-4584 (online)
JoLaCE Submission Guidelines
Only original, previously unpublished research papers, review, survey and tutorial papers, application papers, plus case studies, short research notes, and letters, on both applied and theoretical aspects, should be submitted. Submission implies that the manuscript has not been published previously, and is not currently submitted for publication elsewhere. Submission of a manuscript is interpreted as a statement of certification that no part of the manuscript is copyrighted by any other publisher nor is under review by any other formal publication. It also implies that the corresponding author has the consent of all authors. It is the author´s responsibility to ensure that the manuscript does not cause any copyright infringements, defamation, and other problems.
Manuscripts in MS Word must be written in English following the rules of academic style where high-quality grammar and style are essential. All the papers, except for surveys, should ideally be 10 - 15 pages in length. Submissions must include – apart from the main text - the following elements: title, authors, affiliations, contacts, abstract, keywords, and when applicable: introduction, main text, conclusions, appendixes, acknowledgment, references, and biographies.
Papers should be formatted into A5-size pages, with the main text of 10-point Cambria, in a single-spaced one-column format. Figures and tables must be sized as they are to appear in print. Figures should be placed exactly where they are to appear within the text. Other formats are not acceptable. Authors are strongly advised to follow the attached template.
Authors should submit their papers via the online submission form. If there is no response from the Editor in 5 working days, they can send it electronically through email to the Journal's address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each paper will be provided with a paper ID for further reference. Please always refer to the paper ID in the submissions and any further inquiries.
Submission and review process
1. Upon receipt of paper submission, the editorial assistant sends an e-mail of confirmation to the corresponding author within 5 working days. If you fail to receive this confirmation, your submission/e-mail may have been missed. Please contact the Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Peer review. We use a double-blind system for peer-review. All manuscripts will be subject to a well-established, fair, unbiased peer review and refereeing procedure, and considered on the basis of their significance, novelty, and usefulness to the journal´s readership. The reviewers' identities remain anonymous to authors. The review process may take 3 to 12 weeks.
3. Notification of the result of the review.
The review output will be one of the following decisions:
- Accept with minor changes
- Reject and send it to the author for editing. A second reviewing is necessary.
4. If required, the authors need to revise the paper according to the reviewer's comments. After final acceptance of the paper (the author receives an acceptance letter via e-mail), the author will be sent a notification letter.
5. Journal of Language and Cultural Education is published by an independent academic association SlovakEdu. The review and publishing processes are entirely independent of any institutional interest. Therefore, it is funded by publishing fees solely. The publishing fee for 2021 is 180,- EUR.
Discounts (up to 50%) may be are available for participants of SlovakEdu conferences and academic events.
Submitted papers are assumed to contain no proprietary material unprotected by patent or patent application; responsibility for technical content and for protection of proprietary material rests solely with the author(s) and their organizations and is not the responsibility of the SlovakEdu or its Editorial Staff. The main author is responsible for ensuring that the article has been seen and approved by all the other authors. It is the responsibility of the author to obtain all necessary copyright release permissions for the use of any copyrighted materials in the manuscript prior to the submission.
Journal of Language and Cultural Education (online) by DeGruyter Open is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Licence (for more see https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/legalcode).
The journal has a policy of “Zero Tolerance to Plagiarism”. We check plagiarism via two methods: reviewer check and plagiarism a selected prevention tool.
949 01 Nitra
+421 948 632253 email@example.com